We hope that you all had a fabulous and relaxing summer and are ready to start a new school year! We at the Deaf Education program at University of Tulsa had a wonderful and productive summer, and are ready to hit the ground running for the new school year. We just wanted to share some updates with all of you!
Dr. Baker spent the summer giving trainings at schools for the deaf on language development and how to use the new tool she developed with colleagues at Gallaudet University and Lamar University. Her travels brought her to Kansas and to Pennsylvania.
Jessica Scott spent most of her time close to home working on various projects in Tulsa, including planning a 5K race to benefit the Total Source for Hearing-loss and Access. She also traveled out of state to collect data for her dissertation!
This year we are looking forward to a number of things:
1. Meeting new Deaf Education students, of course!
2. Learning whether we have received the grant for our reading clinic, and if so, getting that up and running again
3. Attending the Association of College Educators of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (ACEDHH) in nearby St. Louis
5. Seeing several of our amazing Deaf Education majors graduating this spring and entering the field!
6. Cooler weather! (Last on the list, but it is pretty hot and will be nice to get some more bearable weather!!)
What are you looking forward to most for this academic year? Are there any upcoming events that we should also be excited about that we missed? We want to hear from you!